Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BREAKFAST OUT

This morning, just to have some fun by myself, for myself, I went out for breakfast that I didn’t have to fix at a local old-fashioned restaurant, one with a counter. I decided to sit at the counter, just to be old-fashioned. There are six stools and I chose on from the end of the counter. That put stools between me and the patron at the other end of the counter.

My wife doesn’t know I went out to breakfast without her.

After I had ordered, an older gentleman in his eighties sat down on the stool next to me. So much for creating my own little space.

He was all by himself. I began to wonder. Was he out for breakfast without his wife? Was his wife was still alive. I soon found out.

The man’s cell phone rang. I heard his side of the conversation.

“Hello?”
“No, she isn’t in right now.”
“Can I take a message?”
“Then I will have her call you.”

Ain’t technology grand? I found out that his wife is alive and she definitely wasn’t in right now. The gentleman was telling the truth.

2 comments:

  1. You had breakfast without me!?

    -Your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, but you were working too hard to have lunch with me yesterday. I had to eat sometime.

    ReplyDelete